Ward Clerk- Temporary - 3months Loyalton, CA
Eastern Plumas Health Care needs a Ward Clerk for a 3 month temporary assignment. This position is for a 7 a.m.-4 p.m. shift, and is located in our Skilled Nursing unit in our Loyalton campus.
The ward clerk provides gerneral clerical assistance to nurses, physicians and other staff members to ensure smooth operations in skilled nursing. This is a temporary (3 month) position intended to backfill a temporary vacancy.
- Serve as receptionist and expedite delivery of messages.
- Promptly reports needed repairs for related services.
- Transcribes written physician's orders to appropriate card and rands, including medication orders.
- Assembles charts, preparing for admission, transfer, discharge and making necessary appointments.
- Answers all phone calls at nurse's station. Relays messages, coordinates and channels messages as necessary.
- Utilizes hospital paging system.
- Maintains standard care plans.
- High school diploma
- Clerical or office experience required
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- CNA license a plus, but not required
- Dependable and mature with a demonstrated committment to resident and staff needs.
- Work well with others and ability to maintain a professional attitude.
Job Status: Full Time,Contract/Temporary