Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
We are actively seeking an experienced Physician's Assistant or Nurse Practitioner (PA/NP) to work compliment our team of Primary Care Providers. This is a full time benefited position. The PA/NP assumes total care of clinic patients under the direction of a physician in the rural health clinic setting. Follows established standards, procedures, and practices for rural health clinics. Scheduling will vary with the needs of the Outpatient Clinics. Week days only.
Primary responsibilities of the Position include but are not limited to:
- The PA/NP will perform advanced patient assessments by obtaining complete health and psychosocial history and records findings in a systematic format in the Electronic Medical Record.
- Performs complete physical assessment and orders, performs and interprets routine laboratory tests.
- Develops and implements plans to promote health and long-term health maintenance.
- Provides periodic health assessments, education and counseling, and arranges referrals to other members of the health team as needed; as well as referrals to community resources as appropriate.
- Follows up on timely communication with patients, families and their significant others.
- Completes all patient documentation in the EMR throroughly, accurately and timely.
Requirements and Qualifications include:
- Graduate from an accredited PA/NP program with a current California PA/NP certification and DEA license.
- Skilled in traditional disciplines of patient assessment and management.
- 1-3 years experience as a practicing physician assistant.
- Current CPR/BLS certification.
BENEFITS: SEE WEB PAGE FOR FULL BENEFITS INFORMATION https://jobs.ephc.org/benefits
Pay: $47.76 to $67.21/hour
Starting rate depends on experience/qualifications; 10% per diem differential over listed rates.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 01/18/18