Per Diem Phlebotomist - Portola
Perform venipuncture and capillary puncture on adult, and pediatric patients: perform designated laboratory testing; instruct patients in all urine collection procedures and testing requirements; work with computer; perform limited testing; communicate in a manner that promotes clinic and laboratory professionalism; and provide comfortable phlebotomy.
- Prepares equipment to efficiently collect blood products.
- Performs arterial, venipuncture and capillary punctures on patients. Identify and label specimens according to all current regulations.
- Conducts designated laboratory testing.
- Assists in care of donor prior to, during, and after donation.
- Instruct patients on urine collection procedures. Allocates urine and blood specimens for reference lab send outs.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Maintains strict confidentiality protocols.
- Performs related work as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required; have at least one year of experience, two preferred; history of stable employment.
- Certificate, Licenses, Registrations = Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) I and /or II with the State of California.
- Language Skills = Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as patient records, laboratory reports, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Medical terminology preferred. Demonstrates professionalism in appearance and actions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger dexterity, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; talk and hear.
- The employee is also required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 09/27/2023