Mammography Tech - Part Time - Wage DOE - Benefits
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, three primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
We are looking for a Mammography Tech to join our facility Part Time. Part Time employees are eligible for our Benefits Package which includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement, 8 paid holidays, etc.
Performs all duties of the Staff Radiologic Position under the general supervision of the Radiologist, conducts daily operations of the Department
- Accurately performs mammography examinations upon a physician's request.
- Performs all duties in an independent, professional manner with little or no supervision
- Maintain and consistently demonstrates competence in patient, positioning and patient preparation
- Consistently follows department protocols
- Consistently demonstrates technical proficiency in producing exceptional diagnostic examinations; should images be suboptimal due to equipment malfunctions or patient condition, that fact is clearly communicated to interpreting physician.
- Routinely seeks clinical guidance form Radiologist, or accesses other appropriate resources for concerns about delivery of clinical care and/or imaging process.
- Assists with coordination of multiple modality imaging procedures to patients to expedite service, reduce delays and increase efficiency
- Assumes the responsibility for department during absences of department head
- Assumes department quality of service is enhanced through personal actions
- Consistently demonstrates a conscientious approach in providing excellent care
- Accepts constructive criticism form supervisor or other individuals in leadership or clinical roles to ensure further approvement in delivery of quality service
- Consistently coordinates work to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency during assigned shift; responsibly completes all procedures scheduled or request during shift without sacrificing quality of work performed or excessive use or overtime.
- Consistently shows ability to recognize and deal with priorities and atypical situations; demonstrating flexibility to perform effectively with all modalities while generating optimum diagnostic procedures
- Can select and modify technical factors as needed on mammography equipment
- Maintains personal familiarity with understanding about, operation of, and safe performance department, clinical equipment, diagnostic units, recorders, and imaging cameras, oxygen, and suctions systems
- Consistently performs all imaging and computer processing in accordance with established procedures and programs; consistently demonstrates ability to produce imaging studies or optimum diagnostic quality for physician's interpretation
- Willingly participates in on-call schedule on a rotational basis
- Demonstrates System Values in performance and behavior
- Complies with System Policies and procedures
- Other duties may be assigned
Skills / Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Certificate of completion from college or vocational school, successful completion of a Radiologic Technologist Program (College or Institutional Program) approved by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology. The college program will grant a minimum of an Associates Degree or Radiologic Technology program or equivalent
- 2-3 years experience
- American Registry or Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) - Mammography (ARRTM) - Upon Hire
- American Registry or Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) - Radiography (ARRT-R) - Upon Hire
- Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) - Mammography (RHM) - Upon Hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers - Upon Hire
- Three plus years of experience as a mammography technologist - preferred
Job Status: Part Time,On Call
Job Reference #: 01/31/2023