LVN - Acute - Full Time, NOC Shift
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Greenville, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton. We also provide diagnostic imaging, dietary, and respiratory services, hospice care, and visiting specialists.
We are offering a generous and exciting sign-on bonus! Come join our team of great nurses!
We are currently recruiting for a night-shift LVN position in our Portola Acute Department. This is a full-time, benefited position. EPHC pays highly competitive wages and offers great benefits and employee perks.
All persons working in a healthcare setting in California are required to have the COVID-19 vaccine. We offer the vaccine free of charge as part of your new hire process
This position is responsible for patient care on the acute floor under direction of a Registered Nurse and ER Physician/Hospitalist on staff.
Position responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the assessment of patient needs and health plan by taking vital signs, blood pressure, patient history, medication listing for patients admitted to the acute floor.
- Administers prescribed oral medications and gives intramuscular and subcutaneous injections.
- Completes all necessary documentation in the patient's medical record in accordance with the organization's EMR procedures
- Floats to Emergency Department to assist ER RN when necessary.
- Current CA license,
- CPR, ACLS, and PALS,
- A minimum of 1 year experience is preferred..
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3191rS