Hospital Registration Clerk- per diem- evenings and weekends
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service.
Our patients are at the heart of Eastern Plumas Health Care's mission. We provide you with the best quality health care as cost-effectively as possible. EPHC prides itself in excellent customer service.
We are actively seeking a friendly, professional individual to work evenings and weekends in Hospital Admitting. This is a per diem, non-benefited position that includes working on weekends. Job duties will include registering customers for out-patient services (Lab/Xray) as well as admits to the Emergency and Acute Departments. The registration clerk will field and direct phone calls for all departments. Must be able to work independently, efficiently, and professionally. Past customer service experience required, and experience in the medical industry is preferred.
- Greets patients according to our Missions and Values and assists them with their needs.
- Answers telephone in a professional manner, routes calls as necessary, records and delivers messages in a timely manner.
- Verifies current insurance information and eligibility verification for all insurances including Medi-Cal, Medicare, Private Insurance, CMSP, CHDP, Workers Compensation are accurate, current and have a monthly eligibility copy downloaded to the patient record.
- Is expected to perform all tasks assigned to the Registration Clerk/Receptionist, including training of any personnel as requested by the Business Services Manager, or Lead Reg. Clerk.
- Manages difficult patient situations, such as frightened, ill, angry, etc. and notifies the Lead Registration Clerk, ER Nurse, or Business Services Manager when necessary.
- Collects and records monies received. Balances the cash drawer at the closing of each day and forwards the payment journals to the Business Office.
- PM Admitting Clerk is responsible for accurately coding, balancing and processing the daily cash receipts for data processing input.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 10/29/18