Emergency Department Technician
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
The ED Tech works under the supervision of the ER nurse on duty. They will be a vital part of the Emergency Room team working in tandem with the nurse to provide smooth and consistent care to Emergency Room patients.
This is a full-time benefited position. Shifts will be alternating 3 shifts one week and 4 shifts the next week. Shift schedules are 10 hours per shift, totaling 7 days per pay period (2 weeks). Schedule subject to change based on department needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with and assists physicians and nurses and provides technical support for patient care.
- Takes vital signs as indicated by patient's triage level and enters data into computer. Reports any abnormal conditions to nursing staff.
- Monitors and reports on condition of patients to the appropriate supervisor and other staff members.
- Assists with the transport of patients to other departments.
- Assists with obtaining and documenting vital signs and placement of oxygen saturation, cardiac monitoring, and non-invasive blood pressure monitoring systems.
- Obtain 12-lead EKG's, maintenance and care of specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Registers patients in hospital computer system.
- Safely lift and transfer patients.
- Ability to de-escalate agitated patients.
- Patient sitting responsibilities.
- Assists patients to and from the toilet or bedside bedpan.
Education Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED
- Current BLS certification
- Prefer EMT, MA, CNA or ER Tech experience.
- Clerical skills including ability to register patients, data entry, charge master entry.
- Be able to function accurately, professionally and compassionately under pressure
- Safely lift and transfer patients
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job including ability to lift 50 lbs.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3/12/19