Emergency Department Technician- Per Diem
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing and skiing, this facility is thriving and needs you to join our awesome ER team!
The ED Tech works under the supervision of the ER nurse on duty. They will be a vital part of the Emergency Room team working in tandem with various staff to provide smooth and consistent care to Emergency Room patients.
This is a per diem non-benefited position. Per-diem employees work at least 2 shifts per month.
All persons working in a healthcare setting in California are required to have the COVID-19 vaccine. We offer the vaccine free of charge as part of your new hire process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with and assists physicians and nurses and provides technical support for patient care.
- Takes vital signs as indicated by patient's triage level and enters data into computer. Reports any abnormal conditions to nursing staff.
- Monitors and reports on condition of patients to the appropriate supervisor and other staff members.
- Assists with the transport of patients to other departments.
- Assists with obtaining and documenting vital signs and placement of oxygen saturation, cardiac monitoring, and non-invasive blood pressure monitoring systems.
- Obtain 12-lead EKG's, maintenance and care of specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Registers patients in hospital computer system.
- Safely lift and transfer patients.
- Ability to de-escalate agitated patients.
- Patient sitting responsibilities.
- Assists patients to and from the toilet or bedside bedpan.
Education Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED
- Current BLS certification
- Prefer EMT, MA, CNA or ER Tech experience.
- Clerical skills including ability to register patients, data entry, charge master entry.
- Be able to function accurately, professionally and compassionately under pressure
- Safely lift and transfer patients
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job including ability to lift 50 lbs.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1.25.21