Dietary Aide-Full Time
The Dietary Aid assists the dietary cook with the preparations of meals for long term care residents and acute care patients. The Aid must be able to follow directions to ensure that meals are served at the appropriate times, and take responsibility to ensure that all assignments are completed at the end of work shift.
- Assists the cook with preparation of meal trays to patients.
- Ensures that hair is covered with an effective hair restraint at all times while on duty.
- Use good hand-washing techniques when beginning work, between handling of dirty dishes or equipment and handling food, dishes or utensils, after toilet use, after break, between handling cook and uncooked food.
- Store away all received supplies in appropriate places.
- Clean all areas listed on work sheet.(see attached)
- Ensures that food handling gloves are worn when handling any food that is going directly to the patient.
- Maintains a good working relationship with co-workers for overall efficiency of the department.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Prior hospital dietary service experience is preferred but not required for this position.
Must be willing to follow all directions given and follow all regulations as mandated by State and Federal law.
Pay: $11.40 to $13.39/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 05/10/2019