Dietary Aide-Full Time- Loyalton
Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing, and skiing, this facility is thriving and is looking for a highly motivated Dietary Aid to fill a full-time position and provide excellent care to our community. It’s an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the successful growth this rural hospital is experiencing, while maintaining your health through our comprehensive and competitive benefits.
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate an acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24-hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Greenville, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
All healthcare workers are required to be vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine. We offer this free of charge as a part of your new employment process.
The Dietary Aid assists the dietary cook with the preparations of meals for long term care residents and acute care patients. The Aid must be able to follow directions to ensure that meals are served at the appropriate times, and take responsibility to ensure that all assignments are completed at the end of work shift.
- Assists the cook with preparation of meal trays to patients.
- Ensures that hair is covered with an effective hair restraint at all times while on duty.
- Use good hand-washing techniques when beginning work, between handling of dirty dishes or equipment and handling food, dishes or utensils, after toilet use, after break, between handling cook and uncooked food.
- Store away all received supplies in appropriate places.
- Clean all areas listed on work sheet.(see attached)
- Ensures that food handling gloves are worn when handling any food that is going directly to the patient.
- Maintains a good working relationship with co-workers for overall efficiency of the department.
Education and Experience:
- Prior hospital dietary service experience is preferred but not required for this position.
- Must be willing to follow all directions given and follow all regulations as mandated by State and Federal law.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11/8/21