Diagnostic Medical Sonographer- Per diem, day shift
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing and skiing, this facility is thriving and wants you to join our team!
- Use sonographic equipment to identify and observe the area(s) of concern
- Prepare the exam room for examinations and assist Radiologists or Physician with ultrasound-guided biopsies
- Report to the appropriate medical staff of any abnormalities that require immediate attention
- Maintain sonography equipment and report machinery failure
- Manage several patients and priorities and be able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Work under minimal supervision and cooperate with other team member
- With the possibility of emergency call for seriously ill after-hours patients
- Certified medical sonographer with 5 or more years of experience.
- Must be able to work independently with our on-site radiologist.
- RDMS certification required.
- Available to cover vacation and possible sick calls.
Job Status: Part Time