Dental Assistant/RDA - Full-time
Here's an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the successful growth our rural hospital is experiencing. Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing and skiing, this facility is thriving and wants a highly motivated and experienced Registered Dental Assistant for our new state-of-the-art dental clinic.
We are currently hiring a Dental Assistant. This is a full-time, position with benefits. Our Clinic is open Monday through Friday. No weekends.
The Dental Assistant performs chair-side duties under the direction of the dentist such as: prepare the patient for the treatment, assist the dentist in performing their treatment to the patient in restorative dentistry or oral surgery, prepare materials and equipment for treatment and have them ready for the dentist’s use, sterilizes, prepares and maintains dental equipment and instruments according to state regulations, work. Performs intra-oral x-rays.
All persons working in a healthcare setting in California are required to have the COVID-19 vaccine. We offer the vaccine free of charge as part of your new hire process.
Position requirements include but are not limited to:
- High school diploma or GED. 1-2 years of medical or clinical experience preferred.
- Must have Radiology training and license.
Must complete California Dental Board certificate of completion of 8 hour Infection Control.
- Command of the English language and ability to communicate clearly to callers, visitors, patients, and all other staff members.
- Understanding of HIPPA and confidentiality issues as they relate to patient documents and communications.
- Interpret basic patient needs. Ensure that the patient is relaxed and comfortable at all times and ease any fears the patient may have by using compassion and empathy.
- The Dental Assistant shall practice in accordance with the Dental Practices Act for the State of CA.
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license, have a good driving record and show proof of insurance coverage.
- Must be able to use a computer and perform basic tasks including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, e-mail, etc.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greets patients in waiting area and escorts patients to the exam chairs.
- Assists the dentist in the administration of treatment at the chair side as required or directed by the dentist.
- Promotes an atmosphere supportive of good dental and general health by demonstrating good oral hygiene, questioning patients to ascertain home care status, instructing patients in techniques of flossing and brushing in accordance with protocol.
- Maintain a sterile and neat working environment according to current infection control procedures.
- Review the health history, make chart entries under the direction of the operator and assure completion of forms and signatures.
- Assume the responsibility associated with any expanded duties that may be delegated by the dentist
- Familiar the patient with the aspects of their dental visit and provide support and compassion to that patient when it is needed.
- Review daily schedule to set up appropriate trays and instruments.
Job Status: Full Time