Dental Accounts Receivable Specialist - Full Time - $21 - $24
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled Dental Accounts Receivable Specialist at our Portola Campus. The account representative bills various insurance carriers, including governmental agencies. Incumbent will provide effective and personalized account services on all accounts assigned, and will perform a variety of collections, patient account follow up and maintenance functions in order to maximize cash flow and act as a resource to customer,
- Verify patient insurance coverage and process claims for reimbursement.
- Follow up on unpaid claims and resolve any billing discrepancies or denials
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient accounts receivable records
- Communicate with insurance companies and patients regarding billing inquiries or disputes
- Assist in the collection of outstanding balances from patients
- Ensure all payments are posted in a timely manner
- Keep accurate records and performs patient account information.
- Must be able to maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all regulations as set forth in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.
- Prior experience in an office environment, with hospital or medical billing a plus.
- Knowledge of California billing and collections rules preferred but not mandatory.
High school diploma or equivalent
Excellent communication skills
Ability to analyze data, perform multiple tasks and work independently.
Accurate filing skills
Ability to perform repetitive motions with fingers, hands, arms, neck and shoulders. This position includes bending, reaching, squatting for long periods of time.
Pay: $21 to $24/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 02.07.2024