Clinics Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
The Clinics Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant is responsible for the primary care of those individuals directed to the clinics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates clinical competence to provide adult or family primary care with or without sub specialty.
- Development and implementation of education programs related to population needs.
- Performs health assessments through collection of a complete health history, performing physical exams and utilizing basic laboratory tests.
- Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and access patient's clinical problems and healthcare needs.
- Maintains precise and complete records of patients with clinical findings.
- Able to distinguish between normal and abnormal findings.
- Makes appropriate referrals to physicians and community agencies.
- Provides and promotes preventative health maintenance services.
- Provides all primary, secondary, and tertiary care within the protocols developed in collaboration with the supervising physicians.
- Provides additional clinical support for patients with an out of office provider.
- Provides patient care for same day and urgent visits.
- Maintains positive, caring and supportive relationships with patients and care team.
- Demonstrates System Values in performance and behavior.
- Complies with System policies and procedures.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience
Required: Nurse Practitioner: Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; Graduation from a National League of Nursing (NLN), Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or equivalent accredited school of nursing. The nurse shall have completed a nursing education program that included clinical experiences with actual patients under the supervision of qualified faculty. Must be certified by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or the American Nurses credentialing Center (ANCC).
Physician Assistant: Completion of a Physician Assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant.
Required: Nurse Practitioner: 1) Current Advance Practice RN (APRN) licensure to practice in California (and/or NV, depending upon the position being sought); 2) Current ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Center) or AANP (American Academy of Nurse Practitioners) certification required. 2) Current BLS (Basic Life Support) and must maintain certification at all times. 3) Current, unrestricted DEA certificate in CA (Schedules II-V).
Physician Assistant: 1) Current CA license in good standing; 2) Current NCCPA (National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants) certified; 3) Current BLS (Basic Life Support) and must maintain certification at all times; 4) Must have a Collaborative Agreement as applicable, with a designated supervising physician member of the Hospital’s medical staff (upon hiring, manager will initiate). 5) Current, unrestricted DEA certificate in CA as applicable (Schedules II-V).
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 03/31/2023