CCC-SPL/Speech Therapist- Per Diem
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
We offer physical and occupational therapy, all in the beautiful surroundings of our Sierra mountain location.
Our skilled therapy team develops an individualized plan to restore each patient’s activity level and encourage independence.
Our staff to patient ratio is much lower than that in larger hospitals. Personal attention comes first in our view, but privacy and comfort aren’t far behind.
To qualify for this position, previous experience as a speech pathologist is preferred. This position requires graduation from an accredited school of Speech Pathology, current California State licensure.
- Evaluation and treatment of disorders involving speech, language, cognition, swallowing and social communication.
- Develop and implement individualized therapy programs designed to restore, reinforce and enhance performance.
- Ability to assess patient condition based upon sound pathophysiological principles.
- Develop and implement appropriate patient treatment plan
- Complete and maintain records of speech pathology, observations, treatments and actions; plan and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain the confidentiality of medical information.
- Facilitate the learning of those skills and functions essential for communication and swallowing, to diminish or remediate disorders of deficits.
- Directs activities to promote and maintain health within the scope of practice and consistent with the Code of Ethics of the profession.
- Identify the need for and make referral to other disciplines to address the comprehensive needs of the patient.
- As necessary or applicable, supervises CFY provisional licensees, students and support personnel in accordance with state licensure requirements and professional standards.
- California Licensure by the Department of Consumer Affairs
- Certificate of Clinical Competence by ASHA
Job Status: Part Time