Ward Clerk- Portola Skilled Nursing
Eastern Plumas Health Care is looking for a dynamic experienced Ward Clerk in our Portola, CA Skilled Nursing facility.
The ward clerk provides general clerical assistance to nurses, physicians and other staff members to ensure smooth operations in skilled nursing. This is full-time benefitted position.
All persons working in a healthcare setting in California are required to have the COVID-19 vaccine. We offer the vaccine free of charge as part of your new hire process.
- Serve as receptionist and expedite delivery of messages.
- Promptly reports needed repairs for related services.
- Transcribes written physician's orders to appropriate card including medication orders.
- Assembles charts, preparing for admission, transfer, discharge and making necessary appointments.
- Answers all phone calls at nurse's station. Relays messages, coordinates and channels messages as necessary.
- Utilizes hospital paging system.
- Maintains standard care plans.
- High school diploma
- Clerical or office experience required
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- CNA license a plus, but not required
- Dependable and mature with a demonstrated commitment to resident and staff needs.
- Work well with others and ability to maintain a professional attitude.
- Excellent customer service skills a must.
Job Status: Full Time