Utility Clerk, Full Time
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
We are currently searching for a detail-oriented, organized candidate to fill our need for a Utility Clerk. The Utility Clerk provides administrative office support to both the Patient Accounting and Health Information departments. This is a full time, benefited, Monday through Friday position. The Utility Clerk performs various clerical duties under the supervision of the Business Services Lead.
All persons working in a healthcare setting in California are required to have the COVID-19 vaccine. We offer the vaccine free of charge as part of your new hire process.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year experience with medical billing, health information, or a medical office
- At least one year of customer service experience, health care related service is preferential
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Performing a variety of duties relating to patient accounting, preparation of daily bank deposits, processing payments and account adjustments, and staffing the mail room
- Submit accurate and timely claims to all fiscal intermediaries
- Act as a resource for all patients, attorneys, and third parties
- Perform various patient account maintenance functions
- Prepares daily bank deposits
- Processes daily outgoing mail, including stocking and maintenance of the mail room
- Maintains medical records to include the responsibility for recognizing and correcting errors
- Responds to telephone and walk-in inquiries for medical records, expediently and with excellent customer service
- Processes requests for release of health information in accordance with all policies, state and federal regulation
- Other duties as assigned
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10/25/19