Respiratory Therapist- Full Time -Great Benefits
Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing, and skiing, this facility is thriving and is looking for a highly motivated Respiratory Therapist to fill a full-time position and provide excellent care to our community. It’s an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the successful growth this rural hospital is experiencing, while maintaining your health through our comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, 403(b) with employer matching, plus much more.
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate an acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24-hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Greenville, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
Sign-on and relocation package offered!
All persons working in a healthcare setting in California are required to have the COVID-19 vaccine. We offer the vaccine free of charge as part of your new hire process.
The Respiratory Candidate will be meeting with and examining patients who have pulmonary diseases, disorders, or complications Conducting, performing, and analyzing diagnostic and function tests to assess lung capacity and capability Working with physicians and nurses to create treatment plans Treating patients with aerosol medications and chest physiotherapy Evaluating progress of treatment Administering inhalants Documenting care by updating charts and records Operating mechanical ventilators and other machines Completing discharge planning by working with other members of the medical team Training patients how to administer treatments and use equipment on their own Recommending equipment and treatment for outpatient or home health Protecting patients (and other healthcare employees) through stringent protocols.
This is Full Time Position - Benefits included.
- Performs therapeutic and diagnostic patient respiratory care and outpatient services within the scope of practice and in accordance with department protocols. Also performs an ongoing assessment of the patients Respiratory needs. Performs Respiratory teaching / in-service as needed to staff and or patients.
- Collaborates with all health care coworkers to facilitate optimal patient care in a timely manner.
- Responds promptly to nursing reports of change in patient status and all questions / concerns.
- Greets patients and obtains information in a professional, positive and friendly manner. Projects an effective, customer-oriented image.
- Communicates the Respiratory needs of the patient and any changes to the patient’s physician in a timely manner.
- Monitors and maintains all Respiratory equipment.
- Ministration of Respiratory medications and monitoring effects of such medications.
- Prepares, submits and maintains records on above procedures by documenting in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Mentoring / teaching and or in-service of Respiratory Therapy to nursing as the need arises.
- Demonstrates proper cleaning and decontamination of Respiratory Therapy medical equipment using appropriate cleaning agents.
- Maintains stock of department supplies and work areas.
- Monitors the EPHC bulk oxygen system to maintain supply and pressure needed to the hospital system. (Also orders oxygen if needed each week on Mondays.)
- Changes oxygen cylinders when needed for E.R., CT Scan, Acute and PSNF as needed.
- Refers to and appropriately implements the EPHC Infection Control Policy.
- Correctly demonstrates proper standard, air-born, and droplet precautions.
- Follows established EPHC organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintains and expands professional competence by participating in continuing education, and other appropriate learning experience.
- Understands his/her effect on others through attendance, promptness, appearance, language and appropriate professional behaviors.
- Displays fiscal responsibility through organization and appropriate utilization of time and resource management.
- Participates and facilitates positive conflict resolution by engaging in respectful, honest dialogue. Utilizes proper chain of command when unable to resolve conflict.
- AS Degree from Accredited Respiratory Therapy Program
- Required Licensure/Certification: Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by NBRC
- State Licensure as required by law
- Prior experience. preferably 1-2 years.
- Shift Type: on call, rotation, shift, availability
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 12/09/21