Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing and skiing, this facility is thriving and wants a highly motivated, and experienced working Supervisor for a full-time,12 hour shift position. This position requires the applicant to be self-motivated to assure appropriate function of multiple integrated services for CardioPulmonary department. As the lone Therapist on duty, must be able to work independently and with Physicians, RN’s and associated hospital and clinical staff as appropriate to complete services for our ER, inpatients and outpatients as needed.
This is a job requiring critical thinking skills over multiple areas of authority, teamwork, decisive judgement and the ability to take appropriate action in fast-paced situations.
- Must be able to operate oxygen supply and delivery systems and all equipment pertaining to respiratory care.
- Responsible for staff scheduling, mentoring and education/instruction to various staff and coworkers as appropriate.
- Development of processes to accomplish appropriate care goals as they arise.
- Determines, coordinates and supervises daily staffing assignments. Provides direction, orientation, training, coaching, and mentoring to staff.
- Performs staff evaluations and disciplinary actions. Assesses quality of services delivered and facilitates staff development programs.
- Ensures staff compliance with departmental and organizational policies, procedures and protocols.
- Performs as working staff member.
- Leads the handling and resolution of complex issues and complaints.
- AS Degree from Accredited Respiratory Therapy Program
- Required Licensure/Certification: Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by NBRC
- State Licensure as required by law
- NRP (or the willingness to pursue it)
- Minimum Experience: 5 years Therapist (to incl. ICU, & Pediatric care) Supervisory or Team Leader experience of 2 years is a plus.
Job Status: Full Time