Here's an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the successful growth this rural hospital is experiencing in our Therapy and Wellness Center. Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing and skiing, this facility is thriving and wants a highly motivated Rehabilitation Technician to help our therapists provide excellent care to our community.
This is a full-time, benefited position in our Portola campus.
- Prepares equipment for use by the patient.
- Provides aid to patient related tasks.
- Monitors vital signs of patients as needed
- Maintain efficient flow of patients in the outpatient therapy setting.
- Cleans and provides light maintenance of therapy gym equipment, furniture and modalities.
- Observes and assists patients throughout their course of treatment.
- Assists with answering phones.
- Maintains inventory of all clinic supplies and is responsible for ordering supplies.
- Customer service experience
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Prior experience in a clinical or hospital setting preferred but not required
- BLS,CPR and AED cerfification. This can be completed during initial employment.
- Understanding of HIPAA abd confidentiality issues as they relate to patient documents and communicaitons.
- Strong interest in studying Health Sciences and Musculoskeletal health.
- Commnand of the English language and ability to clearly communicate to callers, visitors, patients and staff.
- Basic mathematical skills
- Operate basic office equipment, keyboard, fax, copier.
- Must be able to work under steady pressure with diverse stimuli and constant patient contact.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds with assistance according to the resident's abilities.
- Must be able to sit and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to travel to reach the assigned destination in a reasonable time frame.
- Must be able to bend, squat, push, stoop, and pull as needed especially in fulfilling patient care activities.
- Must be able to meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility, including undergoing physical examination.
Job Status: Full Time