Registered Dental Hygienist
EPHC is searching for a Part Time Dental Hygienist to fulfill the needs of our Portola Dental Clinic. This position is full time with benefits. The Dental Hygienist will perform dental hygiene on scheduled patients under the supervision of the Dentist. The RDH promotes dental health and is responsible for the delivery of preventive and therapeutic interventions as directed by the dentist in accordance with the provisions of the Dental Practice Act.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
· Support the patient by providing exceptional interpersonal and technical skills in the delivery of information and care as it relates to receiving treatment.
· Prepare treatment room and execute proper tray setup by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
· Provide oral health education and instruction to the patients of the practice.
· Follow infection control protocol and prepare and sterilize instruments and equipment in compliance with office policies and procedures, safety and OSHA guidelines.
· Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential in accordance with HIPAA.
· Ensure proper operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
· Maintain dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
· Conserve dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
· Record patient medical and dental histories, and treatment information.
· Expose dental radiographs.
· Assist the dentist during examinations including charting of diagnosed treatment and providing intra-oral photos prior to dentist exam.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Receive and place necessary telephone calls consistent with professional matters, clinical business and patient care as related to the practice, including but not limited to scheduling future appointments and confirming hygiene appointments.
· Participate in the achievement of patient satisfaction and office production goals by working efficiently and providing a high level of patient service.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene.
· Current California RDH license.
· Current X-ray license.
· Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work independently.
Optional Requirements (Consider adding these requirements if needed):
· (Two, three) years of experience in (general practice, periodontics office) preferred.
- Digital X-ray/ Nomad equipment
- Microsoft Word
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 11/12/2018