RDA/ Dental Assistant- Full-time-Paid Holidays & Benefits!
Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing and skiing, this facility is thriving and wants a highly motivated, innovative and experienced Dentist to provide excellent care to our community. It’s an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the successful growth this rural hospital is experiencing by providing expertise for our new state-of-the-art Dental Clinic.
The Dental Assistant is responsible for assisting our dentists in providing high quality dental care for Eastern Plumas Health Care dental clinic patients. The incumbent is responsible for stellar customer service and providing answers to patient questions according to their guidelines of practice as outlined in the California Codes, Regulations, and Standards for the Dental Assistant.
Our office hours are Monday-Thursdays. 8am-5pm
All persons working in a healthcare setting in California are required to have the COVID-19 vaccine. We offer the vaccine free of charge as part of your new hire process.
- Performs general chair-side duties in accordance with the basic supportive procedures and approval by the supervising licensed dentist.
- Prepares and maintains dental instruments, supplies, and equipment. Is responsible for sterilizing dental instruments and equipment for each patient.
- Hands instruments and other materials to the dentist during procedures.
- Uses suction and swabs to keep patients’ mouths clear and dry during procedures.
- Operates radiography equipment for the purpose of oral radiography. Performs intraoral and extraoral photography.
- Organizes, restocks, and keeps the operatory, lab, sterilization area, and x-ray areas clean and orderly.
- Maintains inventory control and management of supplies within established budgets.
- Schedules recommended service maintenance in collaboration with the Clinical Director or Clinical Supervisor.
Knowledge and Requirements
- Infection Control Certification
- CPR Certification
- Command of the English language and able to communicate clearly to callers, visitors, patients, and all other staff members.
- Must have Radiology training and license.
- Understanding of HIPPA and confidentiality issues as they relate to patient documents and communications.
- The Dental Assistant shall practice in accordance with the Dental Practices Act for the State of CA.
- Interpret basic patient needs.
- High school diploma or GED. 1-2 years of medical or clinical experience preferred.
Pay: $22.50 to $28/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 21420