Radiologic Technologist/CT Technologist - Full Time - Paid Holidays!
Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing, and skiing, this facility is thriving and is looking for a highly motivated Radiology Technologist/CT Technologist to fill a full-time position and provide excellent care to our community. It’s an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the successful growth this rural hospital is experiencing, while maintaining your health through our comprehensive and competitive benefits. Our generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, 403(b), and many more perks is magnified by the beauty of our rural community.
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate an acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24-hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Greenville, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
All healthcare workers are required to be vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine. We offer this free of charge as a part of your new employment process.
Core Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Verifying patients' identity and reviewing physicians’ orders before beginning x-ray procedures.
- Using x-ray equipment to take radiographic images of patients' bones, tissues, and organs as per physicians’ written orders.
- Explaining x-ray procedures to patients and answering their questions.
- Positioning patients accordingly, which may include lifting and moving patients with limited mobility.
- Limiting patients' exposure to radiation by placing lead shields on patients where needed.
- Ensuring that the x-rays taken are of sound quality to prevent repeat procedures.
- Working closely with the resident Radiologist and Physicians to determine whether further tests are required.
- Ensuring that the x-ray equipment is regularly serviced and in good working order.
- Promptly notifying management of damaged or malfunctioning x-ray equipment.
- Maintaining an accurate record of completed x-ray procedures.
X-Ray Technician Requirements:
- Bachelor's or associate's degree in radiologic technology, radiology.
- Certification through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) CRT and CA Fluoroscopy certification, BLS ,venipuncture , CT certification preferred .
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical.
- Proven experience working as an X-ray technician.
- Ability to move or lift patients. Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to work independently with low supervision.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A patient and compassionate disposition.
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 7am-7:30pm
- Call Saturday and Sunday (both days) 7:30pm - 7am
Additional Special Requirements:
- This shift includes two 11.5 hours of call on Saturday and Sunday 7:30 pm to 7:00am.
- Willingness to pick up extras shifts as need for sick calls and vacation .
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
Skills / Requirements
- Must have received a degree (associates or bachelors) from an accredited school of Radiology and must possess a current California state license to Practice Radiologic Technology.
- Must pass a comprehensive modality specific competency exam or posses licensing specific to the modality.
Job Status: Full Time,On Call
Job Reference #: 12/22/21