Physical Therapist-Full Time
Here's an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the successful growth this rural hospital is experiencing by providing your expertise for our expansion into Outpatient Therapy services! Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing and skiing, this facility is thriving and wants a highly motivated, innovative and experienced Outpatient Physical Therapist to work along side of our Physical Therapist Director of Rehabilitation to provide excellent care to our community. We have brand new equipment and plans to develop multiple Outpatient programs!
We are looking for a licensed Physical Therapist to join our team of health professionals You will be consulting with patients to learn about their current condition and assess their patient evaluations in order to develop proper treatment plans. You will also be creating personalized fitness-oriented health care programs and administer physical therapy treatments to relieve pain and improve the patients' mobility.
A California state license is required for consideration. To be successful in this role, you will need to be updated with the latest knowledge in treatment practices, as well as the ability to manage various types of patients.
Physical Therapist Responsibilities
- Consulting with patients to learn about their physical condition.
- Assessing and interpreting patient evaluations and test results.
- Developing treatment plans using a variety of treatment techniques.
- Creating personalized fitness-oriented health care programs for patients.
- Administering medically prescribed physical therapy treatments to relieve pain and improve mobility.
- Advising patients on exercise techniques.
- Advising patients and their families about in-home treatment options.
- Providing educational information about injury prevention, ergonomics and ways to promote physical health.
- Consulting and collaborating with other healthcare professionals.
- Documenting patient care history.
- Complying with rules, regulations, and procedures.
Physical Therapist Requirements
- Graduation from an accredited educational institution.
- Passed the National Physical Therapist Examination (NPTE).
- Compliant with state regulatory requirements.
- A valid license to practice physical therapy.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Compassionate and attentive to detail.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of treatment practices.
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- Excellent analytical and logical thinking.
- Ability to manage patients with different personalities.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence at a professional level.
- Ability to use a computer and software proficiently.
- Drive to continually learn new treatment techniques.
- Completion of an American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)-accredited residency program.
Pay: $40 to $45/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 5/3/19