Phone Operator- Clinics
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing and skiing, this facility is thriving and wants a highly motivated, innovative and experienced Dentist to provide excellent care to our community.
All persons working in a healthcare setting in California are required to have the COVID-19 vaccine. We offer the vaccine free of charge as part of your new hire process
The Clinic Phone Operator performs a variety of duties, including the receipt of incoming, outgoing and in-house calls. The Clinic Phone Operator is also responsible for making appointments, delivering quality customer service to all customers with enthusiasm and empathy, providing answers to questions, collecting co-payments, accurate record keeping, and obtaining and verifying all demographic and financial information required for medical charting and billing.
- Answers telephone within 2-3 rings in a professional manner, routes calls as necessary, records and delivers messages in a timely manner.
- Provides Hospital and Clinic medical Providers and nursing staff with a copy of the daily schedule and notifies them of any changes throughout the day.
- Telephones the following days patient’s to remind them of their scheduled appointments, and to inform them of their required copay amounts or information they may need to bring with them.
- Schedules routine and return/follow-up appointments according to the Providers request.
- Is expected to perform all tasks assigned to the Registration Clerk/Receptionist, including training of any personnel as requested by the Clinic Front Office Lead or the Director of Outpatient Clinics.
- Manages difficult patient situations, such as frightened, ill, angry, etc. and notifies the Clinic Front Office Lead and/or Director of Outpatient Clinics when necessary.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- The following education or combination of education and experience are required for the position:
- Interpret basic patient needs
- High school diploma or GED. 1-2 years of medical or clinical experience preferred
- Command of the English language and able to communicate clearly to callers, visitors, patients, and all other staff members
- Basic mathematic skills, able to read and copy figures accurately, and the ability to properly prepare and complete co-payment transactions
- Understanding of HIPPA and confidentiality issues as they relate to patient documents and communications
- Customer service focused
- Can clearly explain front office procedures to patients
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Have valid California driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of insurance
- Operates basic office equipment: typing, faxing, copying, printing, and calculating
- Must be able to work under steady pressure with diverse stimuli and constant patient contact
- Must demonstrate reliability and punctuality
- Medical office experience preferred
- Provide positive solutions and constructive strategies applicable to an office setting
- Strong typing and computer skills
- Able to relate well with clinic and hospital support staff
- Able to assist with minor problem-solving and assisting with locating appropriate person to help
- Able to express empathy towards patients during demanding patient and organizational needs
- Able to orient and train new staff with kindness and patience
- Possesses an ability to prioritize assignments and responsibilities, and handle a wide range of duties
Job Status: Full Time