Patient Transportation/Medical Supply Tech - Full Time - Great Benefits
Under the combined direction of the Director of Nursing and the Central Services Supply Manager, the Patient Transportation Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient transport of residents and patients to and from activities and appointments and when not transporting patients will assist the services supply department. This candidate will also transports specimens, equipment/supplies, messages, and parcels, as designated. Performs a variety of other support services functions as is needed to provide service excellence to patients, visitors and hospital staff. Like tracking distribution of medical and office supplies, ensuring orders have been filled, processed, received, and are accurate. As a patient transportation Driver you are responsible for providing safe transportation for clients to and from the facility. The Driver will assist clients in a pleasant and respectful manner and assist clients with boarding and departing vehicles.
All persons working in a healthcare setting in California are required to have the COVID-19 vaccine. We offer the vaccine free of charge as part of your new hire process.
- Safely transports patients and residents to appointments on time and in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Maintains documentation of resident transportation logs.
- Assists management in communicating all matters related to residents their safety.
- Adheres to safe and defensive driving practices.
- Proper operation of passenger Provisions of the California Vehicle Code and other regulations as they are applicable to the operation of vehicles in transporting SNF residents.
- Participate in the routine cleaning and servicing of the transportation van as appropriate.
- Able to drive the transportation van with comfort and knowledge of all of its functions.
- This position is responsible for the timely transport of patients to various locations within the hospital.
- Transports patient, his/her personal possessions to and from various hospital locations, and to the hospital entrance, upon discharge. Ensures the safety of the patient during transport. Alerts nursing staff immediately to any signs of patient distress or unfavorable symptoms. Ensures the comfort of the patient by being attentive, offering blankets, checks modesty and engaging in appropriate conversation with the patient.
- Assists loading and unloading patients. Assures that patient is comfortable and securely fastened.
- Ensures that patient has hospital identification band corresponding with name and transportation record. Wears appropriate protective clothing, as needed.
- Documents arrival & departure times and informs appropriate staff of patient destination, location and/or time of arrival
- Maintains associated transportation records, including name of patient or material transported, pick-up site, destination and departure/arrival times. Notes difficulties encountered and relays same to supervisor.
- Inspects transportation equipment for damage and/or defects. Cleans transportation equipment by wiping surfaces with approved cleaning solutions. Reports damaged or malfunctioning transport equipment, as required.
- Empties and replaces glove boxes, trash bins, mask boxes, etc.
- Completes transports quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and co-workers.
- Ability to adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to use good judgment and to maintain confidentiality of information. Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, resourcefulness, patience and dedication.
- Ability to problem solve, utilizing good judgment. Ability to accept direction and adhere to policies and procedures.
- Ability to recognize the importance of adapting to the various patient age groups (adolescent, adult and geriatric).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situation.
- Ability to careful, and safely navigate in various extreme weather and road conditions.
- When not working as a Patient Transportation Driver, the desired candidate must possess a willingness to assist as a Medical Supply Tech
- Responsible for maintaining certain portions of the pharmaceutical and surgical materials inventories.
- Worked with management to properly plan the purchase and installation of equipment.
- Assisted in delivering inventory issues to management in the form of a weekly summary report.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience in adult recreation and/or in the care of geriatric residents preferred but not mandatory.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology.
- Current California Driver's license with clear DMV record.
- Obtain a BLS/CPR Certification
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10/4/2022