Patient Transportation Driver
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, the Patient Transportation Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient transport of residents and patients to and from activities and appointments.
All persons working in a healthcare setting in California are required to have the COVID-19 vaccine. We offer the vaccine free of charge as part of your new hire process.
- Safely transports patients and residents to appointments on time and in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Maintains documentation of resident transportation logs.
- Assists management in communicating all matters related to residents their safety.
- Adheres to safe and defensive driving practices.
- Proper operation of passenger Provisions of the California Vehicle Code and other regulations as they are applicable to the operation of vehicles in transporting SNF residents.
- Participate in the routine cleaning and servicing of the transportation van as appropriate.
- Able to drive the transportation van with comfort and knowledge of all of its functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience in adult recreation and/or in the care of geriatric residents preferred but not mandatory.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology.
- Current California Driver's license with clear DMV record.
- Obtain a BLS/CPR Certification
Job Status: Full Time