Patient Financial Services Manager- Sign-on bonus!
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing and skiing, this facility is thriving and wants a highly motivated, innovative and experienced Finance Manager.
All persons working in a healthcare setting in California are required to have the COVID-19 vaccine. We offer the vaccine free of charge as part of your new hire process.
The Manager of Patient Financial Services (PFS) is directly responsible for the daily oversight of operational processes and workflows specific to district’s revenue cycle; including admissions, hospital and professional billing, cash posting, and/or customer service across the Eastern Plumas Health Care District . The manager is responsible for managing PFS staff to achieve expected productivity and quality goals.
This position is responsible for aligning processes and performance with the broader revenue cycle goals and Eastern Plumas Health Care’s objectives and assists in the development and evolution of the overall strategy for Eastern Plumas Health Care’s revenue cycle operations. The manager assists the Controller with planning, service commitment, budgets and internal quality assessments and controls.
The manager serves as a key promoter of PFS operations and actively participates in building positive working relationships with other Revenue Cycle departments, clinical providers and practice staff. The manager acts as a resource for all of Eastern Plumas Health Care’s issues related to district’s revenue cycle.
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Eastern Plumas Health Care.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Eastern Plumas Health Care.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Promotes employee satisfaction.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Adheres to established National Uniform Billing Committee and other payer specific guidelines when developing and implementing billing policy and procedures.
- Develops and implements goals, objectives and productivity targets incorporating strategic imperatives. Reviews, reports on progress, and revises as necessary.
- Keeps current on reimbursement and billing issues. Implements the changes in the district’s current practices. Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of Federal and State legislative and administrative action affecting reimbursement; disseminates acquired knowledge to Revenue Cycle team.
- Establishes and monitors auditing and billing office policies to ensure maximum reimbursement. Recommends, and implements policies and procedures as needed to maximize reimbursement for all services rendered in compliance with established third party guidelines.
- Establishes and implements controls to ensure accurate, timely, and appropriate submission, billing, and payment cycles.
- Hires employees, manages human resource utilization and supports staff development.
- Approves bi-weekly payroll records and maintains electronic attendance records on personnel.
- Maintains personal knowledge of Eastern Plumas Health Care personnel policies and administers these fairly and uniformly. Ensures evaluation of performance of all staff on going on a timely basis and recommends appropriate action. Utilizes progressive corrective action according to policy.
- Develops and maintains up-to-date and standardized regional departmental policies and procedures and provides accurate interpretation to correct problems and enhance optimal efficiency.
- Interprets the priority of work activities and assigns responsibility accordingly. Independent judgment is exercised.
- Acts as a regional resource and active leader in solving moderate to complex problems related to districts billing processes.
- Identifies and tracks key barriers and process defects and takes action for sustained resolutions, utilizing appropriate process improvement techniques.
- Coordinates with the internal quality team to review, determine the root cause(s), and remediate quality issues; ensures implementation of performance improvement plans to ensure compliance with all applicable standards.
- Conducts ongoing PFS team meetings and huddles.
- Attends and/or presents at meetings as necessary or upon request.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- To competently perform the duties of this position a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management, Health Care Systems Administration, Finance, or Business related field is required. Consideration may be given to candidates with an Associate’s Degree in a Healthcare, Finance, or Business related field with 10 or more years extensive, applicable experience.
- Current standing as a Certified Healthcare Finance Professional (CHFP) or Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR) preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years supervisory or leadership experience is required.
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the revenue cycle, with particular emphasis on Critical Access Hospital (CAH) and Rural Health Clinic (RHC) billing is required. A working knowledge of revenue cycle practices for professional services is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of National Uniform Billing Committee (NUBC) requirements.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills with ability to manage cross-functional resolutions against a deadline are required.
- Demonstrated ability in effective communication, motivational and interpersonal relationship skills is required. Proven ability in written and oral communication is required. Demonstrated comprehensive quality customer service experience preferred.
- Previous experience in creating, providing or facilitating meeting and/or training presentations is required.
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgment, be self-motivated and well organized.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize key tasks and work in a complex, stressful environment is required. Must be able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and staff.
Job Status: Full Time