Patient Accounts Representative
We currently have an opening for a Patient Account Representative in our Business Services Department. This is a full time, benefited position, scheduled Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Patient Account Representative bills various insurance carriers, including governmental agencies. Incumbent provides effective and personalized patient account services on all accounts within their assigned range. Incumbent performs a variety of collection, patient account follow up and maintenance functions in order to maximize cash flow and acts as a resource to person to customers.
This position will primarily be responsible for
- Billing outpatient dental visits/claims follow-up
- Daily mail sorting
- Daily bank deposit preparation and delivery to the bank
- Timely and effective follow-up and collection of unpaid claims
- Acts as a resource for patients, attorneys, third parties and colleagues
- Maintains accurate records and notation in patient accounts
- Additional duties or projects as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Professional experience or combined education in a healthcare and/or medical billing office is preferred.
- A candidate with the combined education and experience which leads to the requisite skills and abilities will be considered
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of basic office procedures
- Knowledge of medical terminology a plus
Benefits: please visit our website for a complete list of our benefits: https://jobs.ephc.org/benefits
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 02/25/2019