- Drives and operates ambulances
- Under direct supervision of the physician, provides appropriate care and treatment to patients in the pre-hospital setting within the paramedic scope of practice.
- Under direct supervision of the physician and/or the emergency room RN, provides appropriate care and treatment to patients in the hospital setting.
- Cleans and disinfects ambulance after each use.
- Operates all emergency medical equipment efficiently and to the level of training.
- Attends training courses and studies assigned materials relative to emergency medical services.
- Maintain physical conditioning to perform strenuous work under emergency conditions.
- Follows proper chain of command (Ambulance Operations Manager) with any complaints, requests or suggestions.
- Adheres to all policies, procedures and protocols.
- Inspects ambulance equipment, supplies and medications every shift.
- Documents all medication and controlled substance usage as required.
- Assists other departments in the hospital as needed.
- Performs related tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- the paramedic scope of practice.
- Documents all patient care activities in a timely manner.
- Maintains ambulance and Emergency Room supplies.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic certification.
- CPR certification.
- ACLS (Advance Cardiac Life Support) certification.
- PALS (Pediatric Advance Life Support) certification.
- DL51 (driver’s physical).
- Ambulance driver’s certification (by start date).
- Possess the mental and physical health to meet the demands of the job.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to cope with high stress situations.
- Ability to accurately identify and prioritize patient needs based on assessment.
- Knowledge of radio communications.
- Emergency medical practices and procedures within scope of practice.
- Working knowledge of individual responsibilities as they relate to the job description.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 07/16/18