Paramedic- Per Diem
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, three primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
Sign on bonus for qualified candidates!
- Competitive pay based on experience.
- $1,000 signing bonus for PT and FT employees.
- Excellent benefits package, including 403(b) or 457(b) plans administered through VALIC
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free training and CE opportunities, including free re-certification for ACLS, PALS, BLS
- 40% discount on all hospital services for employee
Our part time paramedics work one 24-hour shift per week. Come join the best team with the greatest shifts in the area!
A qualified applicant will perform medical care in accordance with the established protocols and within scope of practice in the hospital and pre-hospital settings. Also, supervise and direct prescribed activities of ambulance personnel and emergency responders.
All persons working in a healthcare setting in California are required to have the COVID-19 vaccine. We offer the vaccine free of charge as part of your new hire process.
- Nationally Registered EMT-P, ability to obtain CA Paramedic certification
- NorCal EMS Accreditation, or ability to obtain after hire date.
- CPR certification.
- ACLS (Advance Cardiac Life Support) certification.
- PALS (Pediatric Advance Life Support) certification.
- DL51 (driver’s physical).
- Ambulance driver’s certification (by start date)
- Must be 21 years or older.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- CA Ambulance Driver License, or ability to obtain after hire date.
- Valid Driver’s License
- BLS for Health Care Provider
- Possess the mental and physical health to meet the demands of the job.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to cope with high stress situations.
- Ability to accurately identify and prioritize patient needs based on assessment
- Knowledge of radio communications.
- Emergency medical practices and procedures within scope of practice.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 8/26/19