The Network Specialist/Analyst is responsible for assisting in the efficient operations for all software, computer systems, and network devices.
- Provides management and assistance for IT staff, telephone system, Cellular phone, pagers, and computer workstations.
- Provides Electronic Medical Records software support as well as all software relating to the patient experience.
- Assists the Clinical Informatics Specialist (CIS) to insure proper training for all departments and staff.
- Assists in all aspects of the IT department as needed as well as Biomedical services.
- Assists in the development of new projects and processes with the IT Manager.
- Maintains knowledge of current Microsoft operating systems.
- Maintains knowledge of current Microsoft and Google office programs.
- Able to follow the hospital’s HIPAA policies and maintain all other information in confidence.
- Provides assistance in computer workstation repair and installations.
- Provides assistance in computer software access and installations.
- Provides assistance in telephone access and repair.
- Provides assistance in Biomedical repair.
- Provides assistance to Clinical Informatics Specialist.
- Provides assistance in all areas of the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and other software applications related to the patients experience.
- Demonstrates professionalism, respect, and accountability for proper performance of assigned duties, and to the principles of the organization Mission and Values Statement.
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs and current literature.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
As set forth in the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
The incumbent will maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with State and Federal regulations. Protected health information (PHI) is restricted on a need-to-know basis. An intentional or unintentional breach of confidentiality will be reported to the HIPAA Privacy Officer and the supervisor of the incumbent and is subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Incumbent has full access to medical records/health information of all patients registered at Eastern Plumas Health Care which includes all outpatient and inpatient encounters.
Incumbent has the full access to all health information that has been transcribed and imported to the HIM computer system by an outside transcription service.
The incumbent has access to current in-patients health information. Limited access is authorized for the purposes of continued medical care, legal or by patient request.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Microsoft OS, servers and office programs.
- High School diploma
- The desire to advance education in computer technology.
- Able to lift 40 pounds.
- Flexible hours.
Pay: $33.78 to $39.69/hour
Starting wage is based on previous experience.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3/12/19