Medical Assistant - Per Diem
We have an opening for a Medical Assistant to work in any of our Outpatient Clinics. This is a per diem, non-benefited position to fill in sick-calls and vacations or gaps in scheduling. The days and number of hours may vary from week to week. Certified Medical Assistants receive a higher rate of pay, as well as per diem status employees receive a 10% pay differential in lieu of benefits and guaranteed hours.
The Medical Assistant’s scope of duties may be administrative, clinical, clerical or technical. Duties may include preparing patients for examination, office procedures, taking medical history, assisting the provider as requested, cleaning and sterilizing instruments and equipment, instructing patients regarding preparation for x-Ray and laboratory tests, ordering and maintaining stocks of supplies, collecting specimens from patients, performing approved diagnostic tests, measuring and recording vital signs, preparing treatment trays and assisting with minor surgical procedures or performing front office duties.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with one to three months related experience and or/training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology, disease process, back office procedures and preparing patients for examination.
- Familiarity with medical documents and medical chart components.
- Basic knowledge of injections, wound care, minor surgeries and specimen collection.
- Ability to interpret basic patient needs.
- Satisfactory completion of a Medical Assistant program, or Certified Medical Assistant.
- Current certification in BLS.
- Command of the English language and ability to communicate clearly to callers, visitors, patients and all staff members.
- Basic mathematical skills and the ability to properly prepare and administer medications.
- Ability to use office machines.
- Demonstrated ability to use an electronic medical record system, word processing and other Microsoft Office programs.
Pay: $14.55 to $20.47/hour
Salary range includes the 10% per diem differential; start rate depends on experience and qualifications.
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time
Job Reference #: MA1.23.18