Maintenance/Landscaper - Great Benefits - Paid Holidays
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
This position has a dual role in the cultivation and care of the landscaping and grounds surrounding EPHCs Portola and Loyalton campuses by being a key contributor in maintenance and repairs of both facilities. The Groundskeeper plants and maintains decorative vegetation, mows, pulls weeds, and repairs structures as necessary. The groundskeeper is charged with the task of creating an aesthetic and healing outdoor environment for patients, visitors, employees and vendors. The maintenance technician performs repairs, paints, and completes general Maintenace requests of all engineering work orders. This is a fulltime benefited position, including 8 paid Holidays!
All employees must receive the COVID-19 vaccination. It is free to you as a part of your onboarding process.
- Perform groundskeeping and building maintenance duties.
- Performs plumbing, electrical, hydraulic, steam, air and mechanical repairs on equipment throughout the hospital. This will include the main power plant, main electrical switchgear and emergency generator.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment assigned.
- Performs repairs involving, but not, limited to carpenter, sheet rocking, painting and other related duties.
- Mow lawns with motorized push mower, and maintains mower as necessary.
- Trim and edge around walks, flower beds, and walls.
- Landscape by planting flowers, grass, shrubs, and bushes.
- Apply pesticide to rid grounds of pests such as mosquitoes, wasps, ticks, and others.
- Apply fertilizer to ground to enhance growth.
- Shovel snow from walkways and sprinkle ice melt to keep maintain winter safety.
- Sweep walkway of debris.
- Cut down tree limbs that are posing a danger.
- Trim shrubs and pull weeds.
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in grounds keeping.
- Install lawn furniture.
- Rake, mulch, and prune the grounds as needed.
- Install rock, cement, lighting, water, and furniture.
- Water plants and grass as needed and apply fertilizer.
- Maintain and repair irrigation system as necessary.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
The following education or combination of education and experience are required for the position:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in maintenance, landscaping and grounds keeping.
- Mechanical experience a plus.
- Some knowledge of seasonal planting and botanical life cycles.
- Previous repair and maintence skills required
- Previous landscaping/groundskeeping experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliability and dependability
- Multitasking, flexibility and self-motivation
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve
- Long term planning
- Ability to work alone and be task oriented
PHYSICAL CAPACITIES/EQUIPMENT OPERATED:
- Lawn mower
- Landscaping equipment including edgers, leaf blower, weed whacker, trimming sheers, tree trimmers etc.
- Position includes repetitive bending, lifting up to 70 lbs, frequently stand, walk, push and pull equipment.
- Constant stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.