Maintenance Engineer, Non-Licensed, *INTERNAL APPLICANTS*
The following position is for Internal Applicants: Maintenance Engineer - Non-Licensed
The Maintenance Engineer, unlicensed, repairs, services and maintains all hospital equipment and maintains related equipment and the building as directed.
- Maintains established department policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance and safety.
- Performs plumbing, electrical, hydraulic, steam, air and mechanical repairs on equipment throughout the hospital. This will include the main power plant, main electrical switchgear and emergency generator.
- Have the ability to test and chemically treat the boiler and cooling towers as necessary.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment assigned.
- Performs repairs involving, but not, limited to carpenter, sheet rocking, painting and other related duties.
- May assist in the training of other employees in various hospital system and equipment.
- Keeps work areas orderly, clean and safe. Ensures proper care in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Assists with care, maintenance and ordering of department equipment and supplies.
- Maintains department records, reports and files as required.
- Participates in educational programs and inservice meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The Maintenance Engineer, unlicensed is under the direct supervision of the Engineering Manager and is expected to ensure a high level of professionalism and a safe and efficient service within the scope of practice.The Maintenance Engineer, unlicensed, maintains a cooperative and harmonious relationship with hospital staff and the public. Demonstrates respect for others, communicates clearly and attempts to resolve interpersonal conflicts. The Stationary Engineer has contact with peers, purchasing supervisor, clinic personnel, nursing personnel, ancillary department personnel and other department representatives.
- High school graduate or equivalent of four (4) years stationary engineering apprenticeship or four (4) years experience in the building trade. This is to include but is not limited to mechanical, electrical, plumbing, hydraulics, steam system, pneumatic system and compressed gases refrigeration system.
- Possess the mental and physical health to meet the demands of the job.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to anticipate supply needs of the various departments
- Ability to lift one hundred pounds
- Extremely heavy physical demands (lift/carry one hundred pounds or more)
- Frequent prolonged standing/walking, push/pull or move/lift activity involving heavy equipment or supplies.
- Manual dexterity and mobility, considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, twisting, lifting and climbing as required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2/12/18