LVN - Per Diem, Loyalton & Portola
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
We currently have 2 openings for a Per Diem LVN for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Loyalton, CA. The LVN assesses plans and implements the nursing care of residents within the skilled nursing setting with the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The Charge Nurse is responsible for ensuring continuity of care of the residents between shifts by providing direct care as well as supervising the care given by the C.N.A.s. The Charge Nurse supervises the duties of support staff members including RNA, Activities Director and Assistant, Social Services Designee and Ward Clerk.The Charge Nurse participates in education and communication with the resident and family, as well as notifies DON, medical staff and SNF team of changes in residents’ condition during any given shift. Maintains role as resident advocate with a focus on the facility’s mission.
Job duties will include but are not limited to:
- Administering prescribed medications.
- Assist in assessing residents' needs.
- Responsible for accurate documentation in the residents' electronic medical record.
- Performs direct patient care.
Required Certifications and Education:
The following education or combination of education and experience are required for the position:
- Must be currently licensed as an LVN/RN in the state of California.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Must obtain IV certification within one year of employment.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates ability to remain calm in emergency and/or stressful situations and gives everyone the feeling of confidence that station is under control.
- Exhibits genuine interest in and appreciation of adults in later years of life.
- Must demonstrate a maturity level that enables him/her to perform the job in a professional and organized manner.
- Must have a good understanding of basis of asepsis to avoid infections of patients and self or contamination of equipment and supplies.
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliability and dependability
- Ability to teach and train new hires
- Ability to delegate assignments
- Multitasking, flexibility and self-motivation
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve
Pay: $23.24 to $27.31/hour
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 10/28/19