LVN, New Grads
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
We currently have an opening for a Full Time, benefited LVN positions in our Skilled Nursing Facilities in Loyalton and Portola, CA. The LVN assesses plans and implements the nursing care of residents within the skilled nursing setting with the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The LVN is responsible for ensuring continuity of care of the residents between shifts by providing direct care as well as supervising the care given by the C.N.A.s. The LVN supervises the duties of support staff members including RNA, Activities Director and Assistant, Social Services Designee and Ward Clerk. The LVN participates in education and communication with the resident and family, as well as notifies DON, medical staff and SNF team of changes in residents’ condition during any given shift. Maintains role as resident advocate with a focus on the facility’s mission.
Job duties will include but are not limited to:
- Administering prescribed medications.
- Assist in assessing residents' needs.
- Responsible for accurate documentation in the residents' electronic medical record.
- Performs direct patient care.
Skills / Requirements
- Must be currently licensed as provisional or fully licensed LVN in the state of California.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Must obtain IV certification within one year of employment.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Must meet the physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment as set standards require.
- Demonstrates ability to remain calm in emergency and/or stressful situations and gives everyone the feeling of confidence that station is under control.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time
Job Reference #: 9/11/19