Lab Manager - FT- Benefits & Additional Incentives
Need a reason to relocate or pursue a career at new hospital? If you are, we offer a generous relocation package or sign on bonus!!!
Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing, and skiing, this facility is thriving and is looking for a highly motivated Lab Manager to fill a full-time position and provide excellent care to our community. It’s an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the successful growth this rural hospital is experiencing, while maintaining your health through our comprehensive and competitive benefits. Our generous relocation package is magnified by the beauty of our rural community, and our sign on bonus is paid out over the course of 3-12 months.
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate an acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24-hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Greenville, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
All healthcare workers are required to be vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine. We offer this free of charge as a part of your new employment process.
The Lab Manager will be tasked with ensuring our laboratory is run safely and efficiently, taking responsibility for all aspects of the lab, including equipment, employees, supplies, software, and documentation. They will be charged with planning and coordinating all functions within the laboratory such as: bacteriology, microbiology, blood bank, chemistry, hematology, and serology. Requirements include current California Clinical Lab Scientist license and CPR certification. Familiarity with the Siemens, Clinitek, and Micro-Scan equipment is a plus. Candidate must be able to work, day shifts. This full-time, benefited position includes: Health, Vision, Dental insurance, paid time off, paid sick leave, and many more perks.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE AND OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Directs and coordinates the activities of laboratory staff performing a variety of microscopic chemical and bacterial test and procedures, exudates, skin scrapings, autopsy and surgical specimens to obtain data for diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- Ensures the validity and accuracy of all test results
- Coordinates with pathologist to schedule work and establish priorities; oversees work schedules and assignment of work to laboratory staff
- Assures proper maintenance of records regarding tests, and charts test results to assure acceptable variation within quality control range.
- Consults with medical staff and other health care providers on matters relating to laboratory services
- Oversees computation of laboratory costs, determines charges and sets up charging system for laboratory services.
- Supervise laboratory technologists and technicians, ensure the lab is compliant with applicable regulations, and regularly review and revise laboratory procedures.
- Process or place specimens on laboratory instrumentation in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Perform laboratory procedures across a broad range of assays in accordance with standards established in the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
- Process specimens, conduct testing, and report test results with constant attention to detail and excellence in quality.
- Operate laboratory instruments and equipment. Trouble shoot and problem solve with laboratory instrumentation and assay systems as needed.
- Monitor and perform preventative maintenance as required for machine performance.
- Keep meticulous and organized records of specimens, tests, instrument logs, and technical analyses.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problems or immediately notify supervisors.
- Conduct and document appropriate quality control and assurance procedures. Assist with quality assurance and performance improvement activities.
- May be needed to conduct some phlebotomy as our laboratory is a small team-oriented department. This position works closely with Acute, Emergency, and Long-Term Care departments.
- Responsible for handling and caring for patient information in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort.
- Reviews and follows all safety precautions.
- Attends in-service education programs, as assigned, to learn new treatments, procedures, developmental skills ect.
- Attends, when necessary, staff meetings.
- Assists in maintaining a clean laboratory environment
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in a related field
- 2-4 years' experience in the medical field
- Managerial experience is preferred
- Must possess and maintain a CLS in the State of California
- Must be CPR and BLS certified.
- Must have the physical strength to be able to maneuver, bend, and lift
- Must be able work cooperatively and communicate effectively with other staff members
- Computer Literacy
Job Status: Full Time