We are currently hiring a Janitor to work at one of our outpatient clinics and new building on the Portola Campus.
- Performs all assigned duties in a professional manner in order to reflect the highest integrity of the Environmental Services Department.
- Light fixtures are removed, cleaned, and replaced.
- Clean and polish filing cabinets, unit dividers.
- Wash windows inside and out.
- Clean all window blinds and sills.
- Clean and maintains all hanging directional signs.
- Cleans walls, doors, and facings.
- Assist with terminal cleaning of surgery suite.
- Coordinates with Housekeeping Supervisor when needed to assist/cover housekeeping shifts.
- Performs the stripping, waxing and polishing floors in accordance with standard procedure.
- Shampoos carpets using only hospital approved chemicals or carpet cleaner.
- Utilizes appropriate chemicals according to labeling instructions and SDS.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate the department equipment.
- Maintains set quality standards while performing job duties.
- Have the ability to work independently with limited supervision, and manage time appropriately.
- Maintains specific safety precautions at all times.
- Must be able to understand and comply with Eastern Plumas Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Must be able to maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all regulations as set forth in Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA)
- Education and Experience: Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent. Prior experience in hospital is preferred but not required.
- Language Skills: Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Must have the ability to present information on a one on one and in small group situations.
- Mathematical Skills: Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measuring using whole numbers, common fractures and decimals.
- Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this position, the technician is frequently required to stand, walk, lift, push and pull equipment and furnishings, use arms, leg and back muscles for extended periods, climb ladders, reach with hands and arms, stoop or crouch. The technician must be able to lift and move up to 30lbs and frequently lift and move up to 75lbs.
- Other Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. Must have the means to travel to all locations as listed in the Position Summary
The Environmental Technician works closely with the Environmental Services Manager and has a close working relationship with all co-workers. Has daily contact with other staff, patients, and physicians.
FREEDOM TO ACT/ACCOUNTABILITY:
While performing the duties of this position, the technician is regularly exposed to toxic and/or caustic chemicals, hazardous materials and waste. The technician frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electric shock and vibration. The technician is required to frequently work in outside weather. The technician performs preventative maintenance on all department equipment. This shall be accomplished on an ongoing basis. Any major problems or repairs on department equipment shall be referred to the maintenance/ biomed engineering departments.
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY:
As set forth in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), this position must maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
Protected Health Information is restricted to a need-to-know basis. Any intentional or unintentional breach of confidentiality will be reported to the HIPAA Privacy Officer and is subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Pay: $12.88 to $16.45/hour
Starting rate depends on experience/qualifications
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time
Job Reference #: 5/1/18