Human Resources Assistant
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service.
In addition, three primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
We are looking for a highly organized HR Assistant with strong administrative, organizational and communication skills to support our busy HR department.
An HR Assistant is expected to be able to work independently at times and partner with all departments. You must be reliable and should accurately follow instructions with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
The HR Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of general HR office support and assists in daily personnel inquiries, payroll changes, reporting, and day to day HR operations. The HR Assistant helps coordinate the new hire process, pre- employment contingencies, onboarding, training, and various other HR matters.
- Assists with the full-cycle recruiting and onboarding process including but not limited to running background checks, medical clearance notifications, and new employee outreach.
- Ensures that human resource records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and EPHC policy and procedures.
- Completes miscellaneous research, reports and memos as requested.
- Updates all HR systems including time cards.
- Coordinates training sessions and seminars.
- Participates and assists in the planning and execution of all employee engagement events and other events as assigned.
- Assist HR team members with administrative functions as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for the accurate and timely entry/maintenance of payroll changes.
- Serves as first point of contact for general HR inquiries including time card adjustments, payroll adjustments, and system updates.
- Owner of the Caught You Caring internal website.
- Facilitates the New Employee Orientation including all coordination, content creation and partnering with department managers.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining professional working relations with applicants, employees, visitors, callers and business professionals.
- Obtains and conveys information as needed while successfully working with all departments.
- Assist with performance management procedures.
- Maintains and projects EPHC’s Mission and professional reputation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive situations with tact, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, Google Suite and related business and communication tools.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn a human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience in an office environment
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time while working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Job Status: Full Time