Hospital Admissions Clerk- Portola
Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing and skiing, this facility is thriving and wants a highly motivated LVN or MA to provide excellent care to our community. It’s an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the successful growth this rural hospital is experiencing.
Eastern Plumas Health Care provides crucial services to our community. We are a non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County for over 45 years. We are the only hospital and clinic within a 30 mile radius serving over 10,000 residents living throughout Plumas and Sierra Counties.
We have three primary care medical clinics and a state-of-the-art dental clinic offering our community a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Greenville, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton. The hospital district serves over 10,000 permanent residents living in small communities scattered throughout Plumas and Sierra Counties.
The Hospital Admissions Clerk provides staff support in various roles as account Representative, communication system operator, Data processing Operator and Hospital Admitting Registrar, and will work the evening and weekend shifts. This is a full-time, benefitted position.
- Account Representative – Submit accurate and timely claims to all fiscal intermediaries, third party payers and patient balances. Act effectively as a resource for all patients, attorneys and third parties. Perform various patient account maintenance functions.
- Communication System Operator - Delivers quality telephone services promptly and professionally to all customers.
- Data Processing Operator – Accurately and efficiently prepares daily deposits, keys daily charges, payments and adjustments.
- Assists with special projects.
- Processes outgoing mail.
- Admitting – Ensures effective and confidential patient admissions and registration.
- Coordinates inpatient/outpatient procedures with physician’s office prior to patient’s arrival.
- Maintains a calm, professional and positive attitude in dealing with all customers.
- Must be able to understand and comply with Eastern Plumas Health Care policies and procedures.
- Must be able to maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all regulations as set forth in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Ac t of 1996 (HIPPA).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Additional education in hospital environment or medical billing office is desired.
- A combination of education and experience which leads to the possession of the requisite skills and abilities will be considered.
- Knowledge of basic office procedures, Medical terminology, ICD10 diagnosis codes and governmental billing and insurance codes is desired.
- Experience in financial counseling is highly preferred.
Outstanding interpersonal, communication and telephone skills are required.
Effective verbal and written skills, including accurate spelling, legible printing and/or handwriting.
Demonstrated ability to handle public contact, with excellent guest relations.
Ability to work in a busy environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities while maintaining an effective office work flow.
Ability to type 35 wpm and operate office machinery.
Ability to perform repetitive motions with fingers, hands, arms, neck and shoulders. This position includes bending, reaching, squatting and extended periods of sitting.
Job Status: Full Time