Health Information Management Certified Coder - Remote - Full Time
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate an acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24-hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Greenville, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
Per CDPH: All healthcare workers are required to be vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine. All vaccinated, eligible, healthcare workers must receive their COVID-19 booster by February 1st, 2022.We offer this free of charge as a part of your new employment process.
- Maintain confidentiality, protecting patient information at all times, utilizing minimum information necessary standards to those with a right and need to know. Follow and abide by all privacy (HIPAA) regulations regarding patient information.
- Perform required tasks and other duties while maintaining a positive attitude, productivity and quality standards
- Assists with purging of medical records, and retrieves records from offsite storage as needed. Maintains current logs on purged records, and current log on the location(s) of stored records. Responsibly for scanning multiple document types into patients charts approximately 25% of the daily activity.
- Demonstrates ability to accurately and efficiently utilize the hospital information system to research a medical record number from our master patient index (MPI).Audit and correct demographic errors identified in transcribed reports by informing the provider. Assist in resolving medical record discrepancies when identified and communicate corrections to the appropriate personnel.
- Possesses an awareness of hospital processes, location of departments, and other related patient/visitor services.
- Regularly consults with supervisor on areas of further instruction that would be beneficial and discusses any pertinent issues. Completes tasks in a timely and meets deadlines both internally and externally (ROI).
- Independently recognizes and performs duties which need to be done without being directly assigned. Establishes priorities organize work and time to meet them.
- Accepts changes and new ideas with insight into problems and the ability to develop workable alternatives. Accepts constructive criticism in a positive manner.
- Uses time effectively and constructively. Takes pride in the place of work maintaining a clean, neat and orderly and in one’s job every day. Understands the continuous quality improvement process and applies it in performing everyday tasks/duties.
- Actively participates in quality improvement by assisting in finding new and better ways of performing duties and responsibilities.
- One year hospital experience, and knowledge in the area of release of information, and patient’s right, preferred
- Completion of a medical terminology course, and demonstrates complete knowledge of the principles of medical documentation.
- Background in business office machines and programs (Word, Excel, Adobe, Google Docs). Demonstrates working knowledge of information systems related to the job duties
- Must be able to prioritize and work remotely with limited directive. Self-sufficient. Proactive
- By use of proper body mechanics at all times when its necessary to move heavy objects (boxes) or to transport/transfer a heavy boxes on and off shelves. Lifting and carrying of boxes from 35 to 75 pounds at a time. Placement maybe overhead or on a low shelf.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1/19/23