Full Time Acute RN - NOCs, 5K Sign On Bonus, $40-$58.52/hr, Great Benefits!
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton. Benefits include health, dental, vision, 403b, and more!
We are actively seeking a Registered Nurse for our Acute department.
All persons working in a healthcare setting in California are required to have the COVID-19 vaccine. We offer the vaccine free of charge as part of your new hire process.
Position Requirements Include:
- Current CA RN license,
- CPR, ACLS, and PALS, TNCC or MICN courses (or completion of one of these courses within 6 mos. of hire)
- A minimum of 1 year RN experience is preferred..
The position responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assesses the patients on admission and reassesses as per unit protocol as well as when conditions change. Documents appropriately including EMR documentation and paper charting under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Assesses the patient’s condition and nursing needs, initiates care plans appropriately based on the assessment.
- Assess and reassess pain and pain management techniques utilized. Educates the resident and family regarding pain management.
- Documents changes in patient’s condition and nursing care on progress notes and care plan.
- Cares for patients in a manner that is conducive to their safety and comfort
- Meets current documentation standards and policies.
- Notifies physician of changes in patient’s condition and follows through until appropriate action is taken.
- Notes and carries out physician’s orders in a timely manner
- Gives a thorough report to oncoming shift informing them of all changes in conditions and follow-up needed.
- Follows through as needed on information given by shift report, patient or family regarding resident concerns.
- Implements plan of care of the patient based on assessments and goals established by the interdisciplinary care team.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethic and religious/spiritual needs of residents and their families. Cares for patients in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort.
- Records all vital signs, I&O and hourly rounding on EMR
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in solving problems and looking at situations in new and innovative ways.
- Follows proper infection control procedures and supervises supportive staff in infection control procedures.
- Keeps in confidence any information learned concerning patients and hospital personnel.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean. Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time. Wears identification while on duty.
- Assess, plan, implement, evaluate, direct and appropriately delegate to ensure the delivery of safe, quality patient care
- Function within the full scope of RN licensure, according to the CA Nursing Practice Act
- Provide assessment, development, implementation of the care plan, and evaluating the effectiveness of that care
- Directing emergency interventions and collaborating with physicians, team members, and others to optimally manage patient care in the interest of the patient
- Acting as a patient advocate when necessary
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 05/11/2022