FT CNA - Portola & Loyalton Campus - Days & Nights
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
CNA provides direct and indirect resident care activities under the direction of a RN or LVN. Assists residents with activities of daily living, provides for personal care, comfort and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment for an assigned group or residents. Eastern Plumas Health Care currently has openings for a Certified Nurse Aide. This position is open at both the Portola and Loyalton campus, both Days (only), Nights (only), or both. We have available positions for Full Time & Per Diem CNA's.
Full Time and Part time employees are eligible for our competitive benefits package and will be compensated for 8 paid holidays..
- Responsible for handling and caring for patients in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort.
- Assists in preparation of and accompanies residents in the admission, transfer, and discharge procedures.
- Responsible for making sure all resident clothing and personal items are on the inventory sheet and that all clothing and items are labeled with resident’s name.
- Provides morning care, which may include bed bath, shower or tub bath, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, dressing residents, changing bed linen, cleaning over the bed table and bedside stand, straightening room and other general care as necessary throughout the day.
- Assists residents to commode, toilet or on bedpan when required and empties urinals after each use, remembering to rinse. Assists those residents with toileting and personal hygiene that requires assistance.
- Provides evening care which includes hands/face washing as needed, oral hygiene, back rubs, perineal care, freshening linen, cleaning over the bed tables, straightening room and other general care as needed.
- Provides post-mortem care and assists in transporting bodies to the mortuary vehicle.
- Assists RN/LVN in treatment procedures.
- Provides general nursing care such as positioning residents, lifting and turning residents, apply/utilizing special equipment, assisting in the use of bad pan or commode and ambulating residents.Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, blood pressure, pain level and intake-output.
- Makes rounds with oncoming and outgoing shifts; knows whereabouts of assigned residents and ensure the unit is left in good condition.
- Participates in socialization activities on the unit.
- Uses gait belts, hoyer lift, and other safety devices appropriately.
- Checks for reddened areas of the skins breakdown and reports to the L.V.N. or R.N.
- Ensures residents are dressed properly and assists, as necessary. Ensures that used clothing is properly stored in bedside dresser or on hangers in closet. Ensures that residents are clean and dry at all times.
- Checks unit for adequate linen.
- Puts all resident’s linen away. Provides clean linen and clothing. Makes beds. Checks unit for adequate linen.
- Treats residents and families with respect and dignity.
- Reviews and follows all safety precautions. Follows facility procedures in regards to side rails and residents as ordered.
- Accompanies residents to appointments, as directed. Transports residents to and from various departments, as required.
- Provides reality orientation in daily care.
- Prepares residents for meals; serves and removes food trays and assists with meals or feeds residents as necessary. Distributes drinking water and other nourishment's to residents.
- Answers resident’s call lights, anticipates residents’ needs and makes rounds to assigned residents.
- Assists residents with handling and care of clothing and other personal property (including dentures, glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids and prosthetic devices).
- Reports and, when appropriate, records any changes observed in condition or behavior of residents and unusual incidents.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships with residents, family members and other facility personnel while assuring confidentiality of resident information.
- Attends in-service education programs, as assigned, to learn new treatments, procedures, developmental skills ect.
- Attends 80% of staff meetings annually.
- Assists in maintaining a clean hospital environment, including housekeeping duties as indicated when housekeeping is not available.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be certified as a C.N.A. in the State of California.
- New Nurse’s aides must pass their exam within three months of hire date.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Must have the physical strength to be able to maneuver, transfer and lift patients and residents as required by the set limits per
- Must be able to follow directions, both verbal and written, and work cooperatively with other staff members.
- Must possess a genuine interest and concern for geriatric and disabled persons.