ER Technician II
Emergency Room Technician The Emergency Room Technician transports samples for lab analysis, gathers patient information, monitors EKGs and heart rhythm, treats wounds and assisting doctors and nurses during procedures. The ER Tech’s responsibilities include basic management of medical, trauma and environmental emergencies under the supervision of nurse and/or physician. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years’ experience in working under the direction and supervision of an ED Registered Nurse or Charge Nurse.Emergency Room Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with and assists physicians and nurses and provides technical support for patient care.
- Reports on the condition of patient to the appropriate supervisor and other staff members.
- Cleans and stocks carts, rooms, and changes linen, as required.
- Assists with transport of patients to other departments.
- Assists with resuscitation / CPR and emergency airway procedures.
- Assists with obtaining and documentation of vital signs and placement of oxygen saturation, cardiac monitoring, and non-invasive blood pressure monitoring systems.
- Obtain 12-lead EKGs, maintenance and care of specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Assist with wound care, insertion of Foley catheters, and nasogastric tubes.
- Decontaminates all equipment, instruments, and supplies.
- Assists with positioning patients, application of orthopedic splints and dressings.
- Measure and fit crutches and canes and instruct patients on proper crutch and cane walking.
- Maintains use of appropriate medical equipment and supplies.
- Safely lift and transfer patients.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Ability to de-escalate agitated patients.
- Patient sitting responsibilities
Emergency Room Technician Requirements and Qualifications
- High school graduate or equivalent desired.
- Clerical skills including ability to register patients, data entry, charge master entry.
- Certified Emergency Room Technician preferred, or two years experience in an ER setting
- Current BCLS certification
- Cardiac monitoring tech certification must be obtained with 90 days of employment
- Preferred security experience, must obtain Guard card within six months of employment
- Experience in working with 5150 patients preferred
Pay: $15.71 to $18.46/hour
Starting wage is based on previous experience.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3/12/19