ER Tech, $20-24/hr, 7x10s a pay period, Day Shift, Great Benefits
Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing, and skiing, this facility is thriving and is looking for a highly motivated ER Tech provide excellent care to our community. It’s an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the successful growth this rural hospital is experiencing. Great Benefits including Dental, Vision Health, 403(b), Paid Holidays, and much more!
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate an acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24-hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Greenville, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
All healthcare workers are required to be vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine. We offer this free of charge as a part of your new employment process.
The Emergency Room Technician transports samples for lab analysis, gathers patient information, monitors EKGs and heart rhythm, treats wounds and assisting doctors and nurses during procedures. The ER Tech’s responsibilities include basic management of medical, trauma and environmental emergencies under the supervision of nurse and/or physician.?
Room Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with and assists physicians and nurses and provides technical support for patient care.
- Takes vital signs as indicated by patient’s triage level, enters them into the computer and reports any abnormal to the nurse caring for the patient.
- Reports on the condition of patient to the appropriate supervisor and other staff members.
- Cleans and stocks carts, rooms, and changes linen, as required.
- Assists with transport of patients to other departments.
- Assists with resuscitation / CPR and emergency airway procedures.
- Assists with obtaining and documentation of vital signs and placement of oxygen saturation, cardiac monitoring, and non-invasive blood pressure monitoring systems.
- Obtain 12-lead EKGs, maintenance and care of specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Assist with wound care, insertion of Foley catheters, and nasogastric tubes.
- Decontaminates all equipment, instruments, and supplies.
- Assists with positioning patients, application of orthopedic splints and dressings.
- Measure and fit crutches and canes and instruct patients on proper crutch and cane walking.
- Maintains use of appropriate medical equipment and supplies.
- Registers patients in hospital computer system.
- Enters patient charges into hospital computer system.
- Completes security rounds of hospital building during shift.??
- Safely lift and transfer patients.
- Assists patients to and from the toilet, bedside commode or bedpan.
- Ability to de-escalate agitated patients.
- Patient sitting responsibilities
Emergency Room Technician Requirements and Qualifications
- High school graduate or equivalent desired.
- Clerical skills including ability to register patients, data entry, charge master entry.??
- Certified Emergency Room Technician preferred, or two years experience in an ER setting
- Current BLS certification
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 01/31/23