Environmental Services Technician
The Environmental Technician cleans and maintains all assigned areas of Eastern Plumas Health Care that includes: Portola Hospital Administrative Offices, Education Center, Portola Medical Clinic, Loyalton Hospital, and Loyalton Medical Clinic. Also performs preventative maintenance on all department equipment.
- Performs all assigned duties in a professional manner in order to reflect the highest integrity of the Environmental Services Department.
- Light fixtures are removed, cleaned, and replaced.
- Clean and polish filing cabinets, unit dividers.
- Wash windows inside and out.
- Clean all window blinds and sills.
- Clean and maintains all hanging directional signs.
- Cleans walls, doors, and facings.
- Assist with terminal cleaning of surgery suite.
- Coordinates with Housekeeping Supervisor when needed to assist/cover housekeeping shifts.
- Performs the stripping, waxing and polishing floors in accordance with standard procedure.
- Shampoos carpets using only hospital approved chemicals or carpet cleaner.
- Utilizes appropriate chemicals according to labeling instructions and SDS.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate the department equipment.
- Maintains set quality standards while performing job duties.
- Have the ability to work independently with limited supervision, and manage time appropriately.
- Maintains specific safety precautions at all times.
- Must be able to understand and comply with Eastern Plumas Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Must be able to maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all regulations as set forth in Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA)
- Education and Experience: Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent. Prior experience in hospital is preferred but not required.
- Language Skills: Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Must have the ability to present information on a one on one and in small group situations.
- Mathematical Skills: Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measuring using whole numbers, common fractures and decimals.
- Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this position, the technician is frequently required to stand, walk, lift, push and pull equipment and furnishings, use arms, leg and back muscles for extended periods, climb ladders, reach with hands and arms, stoop or crouch. The technician must lift and move up to 30lbs and frequently lift and move up to 75lbs.
- Other Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be to perform each essential duty satisfactory. Must have the means to travel to all locations as listed in the Position Summary
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 07/23/2018