Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
EPHC currently has 2 temporary Engineering Assistant positions open.
- Assist Engineering and Plant Operations in construction projects
- Erect and break up scaffolding, ramps etc. with attention to safety
- Unload and carry materials at work sites
- Use equipment including power tools for remodeling projects
- Clean out site from debris and discarded material
- Place traffic signals where appropriate
- Proven experience as construction worker or have the necessary mechanical skills for remodeling projects
- Experience in operating equipment like generators and power tools.
- Knowledge of mixing and pouring construction material (concrete, sand, grout etc.)
- Knowledge of basic engineering and construction principles and methods
- Able to work in a team
- Able to read instructions and blueprints when needed
- Very good knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Excellent balance and eye-hand coordination
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to be able to lift 50lbs.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 5/24/18