Emergency Room LVN-Full Time
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
- Assesses the patients on admission and reassesses as per unit protocol as well as when conditions change. Documents appropriately including EMR documentation charting under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Assesses the patient’s condition and nursing needs, initiates care plans appropriately based on assessment.
- Assess and reassess pain and pain management techniques utilized.
- Documents changes in patient’s condition and nursing care on progress notes and care plan.
- Cares for patients in a manner that is conducive to their safety and comfort
- Meets current documentation standards and policies.
- Notifies physician of changes in patient’s condition and follows through until appropriate action is taken.
- Notes and carries out physician’s orders in a timely manner.
- Adheres to the instructions issued by the Acute and ER RNs
- Gives a thorough report to oncoming shift informing them of all changes in conditions and follow-up needed
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in solving problems and looking at situations in new and innovative ways.
Skills / Requirements
- Must be currently licensed as an LVN in the state of California.
- Must be CPR certified
- Must be IV certified.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Demonstrates ability to remain calm in emergency and/or stressful situations and gives everyone the feeling of confidence that station is under control.
Pay: $20.11 to $23.63/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 03/11/19