Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing, and skiing, this facility is thriving and is looking for a highly motivated Education Coordinator to fill a Part Time position and provide excellent care to our community. It’s an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the successful growth this rural hospital is experiencing.
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate an acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24-hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Greenville, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
The Position of Education Coordinator will work in conjunction with all hospital departments, employees, and managers.
All healthcare workers are required to be vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine. We offer this free of charge as a part of your new employment process.
- Issue continuing education credits per NorCal protocol and guidelines.
- Plan, coordinate and execute a continuing education schedule for all AHA BLS, PALS and ACLS courses.
- Teach and implement AHA BLS, PALS and ACLS courses.
- Facilitate quality learning experiences for students during clinical education, including skills fairs and continuing education classes for front line personnel.
- Maximize available resources for the clinical education program.
- Obtain and maintain education equipment.
- Provide and retain proper and concise documentation of records and assessments of the clinical education components (includes clinical education sites, clinical educators, etc).
- Work alongside other departments to facilitate timely and flexible classes for personnel to maintain their required certifications.
- Coordinating and co-coordinating community outreach programs for clinical education; including, but not limited to, community health fairs, community CPR and First Aid classes, and the CPR in Schools Program.
- Maintain credentials for Continuing Education Provider within the NorCal EMS region.
- Maintain current AHA BLS, PALS and ACLS Instructor certifications.
- A number of different types of equipment must be acquired and maintained in order to provide appropriate levels of training.
- Must have leadership skills, organizational skills and a strong work ethic.
- Must be prepared to teach professional adults with ranging skill levels.
- Must be willing to work with and provide education and programs to the general public with ranging skill and education levels.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office programs and their potential uses to benefit the position.
Education and Experience:
- BLS, PALS and ACLS Instructor
- Any potential certifications required to teach continuing education credits or classes.
Equipment operated/ maintained:
- Training Dummies and Mannequins
- Equipment specifically designed to treat patients.
- Must present with a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must enjoy teaching people of all skill and education levels.